Monday, April 15, 2013

Packing for half a year..

Much to pack!
I knew packing for 1/2 year would be difficult, especially as a woman..
Already weeks before the trip I started to collect things to pack in a cardboard box. We decided the luggage would be a big trekking backpack each and maybe one other small bag. This makes travel on trekking paths easier and we will also have our hands free when traveling ;)

Several reasons why collecting things beforehand was a good idea:
- We need clothes for the summer that we didn't wear in Finnish winter anyways
- I bought creams and other potions beforehand on top of the ones I still had/used and stacked them in that box
- I had a good overview of the amount of clothes especially but also hygenic products and smaller equipment

- Then I was able to test-pack already a week before leaving to see if I was still within limits..

In general, those limits were a hard thing for me! Normally we pack for holidays but on this trip we can wash clothes a lot, we will anyways buy things (toiletries,socks,..) and probably not wear all we pack, as usual.. So we actually packed roughly as much as for a 2-week holiday!

I found a really handy washbag (Kulturbeutel) in Intersport store that I can hang, that has a lot of space and most things can be organized standing in there.

Also, to have some room for additional clothes that I eventually wanted to take, I found a really good solution in Stadium store - an ultra light bag for 25 litres that you can fold to a small case (9,90 €).

No comments:

Post a Comment